We lost our little chihuahua Maggie on Tuesday evening...not sure what happened, but we are still trying to figure it out. Brian was amazing, which is good b/c I fell apart. So here's a little tribute to Maggie...

Maggie, Magpie, Mags, Maggie Shillingburg (when she has peed on the bath mat for the 100th time). We got Maggie shortly after we got married. She was almost seven. She was my first real pet I think. Of course, I'd already pawned off a kitten to my parents but I don't think that counts. Maggie would play with ear plugs, popping them all over the place and chasing them. She loved "people" food and would follow Ben around when he had a snack. If there was a plate of food on the coffee/end tables, she would guard it until it was gone. She loved the pepperonis Brian would give her when we had pizza.

She was our Prissy girl. She sat with her paws crossed and she had quite the little walk. We could tell it was her by the way her feet sounded on the floors. She snored like a grown man. She shed enough fur to make another chihuahua. She loved having a heating pad under her bed during the winter. She barked like crazy. The doorbell would send her into a frenzy. She loved our families and has spent much time in their laps.

And she burrowed...man, could that dog burrow. Give her a blanket, and she'd have the perfect spot in a matter of minutes. This is also how she has gotten stepped/sat on numerous times. She used to sleep with me every night and I remember staying in a weird position or not moving too much b/c I didn't want to disturb her.
I miss her so much.
5 comments:
I am so sorry... I know losing a pet is hard.
On a brighter note, I love your blog... :)
Ok Amy-you had me really scared. I didn't realize that was Ben in the pic, I thought that was "maggie" a baby you and Brian were adopting from where you work and then she died. I was completely confused until I kept reading. Very sorry about Maggie the dog!
Sorry about Maggie sister.
Sorry about your Maggie. Go ahead and fall apart...Dogs are like family members. Especially chihuahuas because they have so much personality. She sounds like she was a doll.
We loved our little mag-pie. I think we're ready to move on now. She was our heart, and we'll love her forever. We'll never forget the love she brought to our family.
Post a Comment