Ok, I'm getting discouraged. I keep putting him in clean underwear and cleaning up the accidents. I don't get upset or punish him. But he just doesn't tell us before he pees. And he hasn't gone #2 since yesterday morning. Is he just not ready? Are we pushing him? I know it's only been 24 hours, but I'm thinking we may need to wait a few more weeks. If you are a mom who has done this, PLEASE give me some advice...or encouragement...or tell me to suck it up and keep going.
Dad.
4 years ago
8 comments:
Ok, I just got some great advice from Sue Hixson. Raising 3 boys, I feel she has a wealth of advice for you.
She said and I quote, "Let him pee outside. They love it. A bush is great because the leaves move when they hit it." So, what do you think? What will the neighbors say? Maybe you can put something in his potty to aim at...
Okay, I know, I know...You think we are both crazy. But our sons, do pee in the potty. Think about it....
Grammy
william was a little over 3 when natalie decided to give it a try. it took training her and jesse but finally got it done. how old is he anyway?
oh and peeing outside.....yeah it works :)
I have a friend that would throw cheerios or fruit loops in the potty and tell the kid to aim for them...Mrs. Georgie McCann and my mom used to put a squirt of dish soap in the toilet and tell Ben and Josh to make bubbles. Haha! good luck! You sound like a good, patient mommy!
Keep me updating on how it goes...we're right behind you in about 6 months!
We tried potty training Syd just a month or two after her 2nd b-day, and had the same results. She wore her big girl panties, and was really pumped up about them, but had no remorse about peeing all over the floor. After 2 days of messes, we called it quits. Tried again about 3-4 months later, and she she caught on MUCH quicker!! She LOVES tv, so I just put her little potty in the living room and we spent 2 days sitting there watching tv. when she'd go, we'd make a huge deal about it. I think it helped her understand when she had to go. She was totally trained within a few days. Make sure he really understands the concept, and that he's really ready for it, otherwise, I believe that all efforts are in vain! :) Good luck!! I'm glad it's behind us (at least for another few years)!! :)
NO advice for you sweetie...but when you figure it out, write a book, b/c I have 2 little boys that will need to be trained at some point!! I already joke that my boys will be the ones peeing on the tree in the front of the church!!! :-) Good luck and try to be patient!!!
Peeing outside in the backyard isn't a problem for the Shillingburg men. We've got that one in the bag!
this was in my inbox this morning...
http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc?scid=momstodd_20090324:6&pe=2UeyPmY
Post a Comment