Ok, I'm warning you...if potty talk grosses you out, do not read any further. It's about to get nasty in here.
So, Ben is in the middle of potty training. He can practically pee on demand, but only when told to head to the bathroom. The poo part has been much more difficult. At one point, we had stressed Ben out to the point that he didn't go for two days. We decided to go with the flow a little more, but the kid is almost three. A few people have told me to let him clean himself up after he goes...that it helps the child not want to do it anymore. So I decided to try it out. Let me just say, before we finished there was poo on Ben, myself, the floor, and Ben was screaming his head off in the shower. Another issue is my reactions. I'm sure everyone is surprised that I can be a bit loud at times. The first time he went in the potty, I screamed. Tonight, when the contents of his diaper dumped on the floor, I screamed. Brian tells me I need to stop screaming.
If this child makes it through potty training without permanent emotional scarring and hearing loss, I will consider Brian and I successful.
So, Ben is in the middle of potty training. He can practically pee on demand, but only when told to head to the bathroom. The poo part has been much more difficult. At one point, we had stressed Ben out to the point that he didn't go for two days. We decided to go with the flow a little more, but the kid is almost three. A few people have told me to let him clean himself up after he goes...that it helps the child not want to do it anymore. So I decided to try it out. Let me just say, before we finished there was poo on Ben, myself, the floor, and Ben was screaming his head off in the shower. Another issue is my reactions. I'm sure everyone is surprised that I can be a bit loud at times. The first time he went in the potty, I screamed. Tonight, when the contents of his diaper dumped on the floor, I screamed. Brian tells me I need to stop screaming.
If this child makes it through potty training without permanent emotional scarring and hearing loss, I will consider Brian and I successful.
3 comments:
Not a chance the child will emerge unscarred! Let's just hope he is young enough to forget it!
Did Brian pay you a dollar?
ok so i'm almost hysterical with laughter. that's too funny. not for you but for me!!
Post a Comment