I have friends who sell things, like AVON, Amway, Homemade Gourmet, etc. I do not sell things. I don't like to and I don't think I'd be any good at it. Me: Would you like to buy this from me? Customer: Heck to the no. Me: **
should I cry or call them mean?** However, I do buy things from my friends. About two or three months ago, I discovered Scentsy. It's this flameless candle thing and I love it. I didn't know anyone to buy from, so when a perfect stranger gave me a flier about a "party" she was having, I actually went. I knew no one. I wasn't there to make any friends. I just wanted to smell the 100+ wax things, make my order, and go home. I paid dearly for those products...it was an awkward social situation. My legs actually shook...can't believe I admitted that. I didn't know anyone and no one made a huge effort to engage me in conversation. So I traveled around the room alone, sniffing the little plastic containers of wax and writing down the ones I liked. I finished up, wrote my check, and made a bee-line for the exit. But not before the hostess asked me if I wanted to host a house or basket party. WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT? I don't know you and I just endured an awkward situation without any help from her. But what do I say?? SURE, I'D LOVE TO. So now I have committed to a perfect stranger to carry around a bag of Scentsy stuff to my work. She delivered it to me and seriously spent less than 5 minutes in my home. And still, I lugged that bag around and even showed it to some people at work. I don't think I even get a free gift or anything. All because I couldn't say no. Hey, take my money, make me uncomfortable, and heck yes I'll go out of my way to help you out. So there you have a window into Amy. Oh, and if you are interested in buying anything let me know. :)
2 comments:
You are HILARIOUS! I can't say no either, even to the dang mall kiosk people who chase me with their magic healing lotion!
HAHAHA! I, too, couldn't say NO, so I agreed to do a Pampered chef party. I HATE asking my friends to buy things, but I did, and I only sold one thing! And did I get a free gift? No, I did not. Was I bitter about it? Yes, I was.
Post a Comment