While in the car today, I heard Vitamin C's "Graduation" song, which brought on a major case of "remember when..." I thought I'd share a few of my junior & high school memories that stood out for me.
Having the counselor announce that I got a $48,000 scholarship to UMHB at the graduation award ceremony...that was my financial aid package. I'm pretty sure I'm paying back most of that on my own.
Juniorette initiation. Brent made Jenett bark everytime Mrs. Robert's said a certain word. Mrs. Robert's was pissed. It was awkward and great, all at the same time.
All of the AWESOME names we had for our cars/trucks. Mine had "GAY" in large silver letters on the tailgate...it was from Gay Chevy Dealership in Houston. I think there was a Hank...what was Andy's truck's name? Ash had a great name too I think.
Working for my dad the summer after I graduated. And by working, I mean scrap-booking and refinishing desks with Melissa Trahan. We were STRIPPERS...paint strippers that is.
Mission Tour Seattle...I had just finished 7th grade. I got the MVP camper with Robert L. HA! I got a Seattle t-shirt. So blessed to have been a part of that youth group for all those years.
House-sitting for the Newsom's while I was home for the summer from college. Kim Gragg (Taylor now) spent the night with me and we spent hours cutting up magazines. We had big decoupaging plans. :) I also managed to kills some ferns that were supposed to be used in a wedding when the Newsom's got back.
We all grew up together...we were learning who we were together. Our lives were intertwined. I can't think of a childhood/teenage memory without one of them being in it. How lucky was I?
I'll throw in some college ones, just for kicks...
Walking around the "Quad" at UMHB at all hours of the night with Katie. And chocolate cake.
Erica and I ruining the ending of Titanic for Brandi. Brandi could cry at a movie more than any other person I've ever met.
Jeff setting up the first date I had with my future husband.
Going to a bar in Austin to hear a band I'd never heard of...my friend I went with said I was overdressed. I guess standing for three hours, inhaling 2nd hand weed smoke has a dress code.
School breaks, spending almost every evening at the Martin's house in DeRidder.
So Kim, Ashley, Melissa, Andy, Brent, Katie, Chris, Mrs. Melanie, Brandi, Erica, and so many more...I was thinking of y'all today!
Dad.
4 years ago
2 comments:
Fun times:) it's hard to believe we are all married and have kids now!! It seems like just yesterday sometimes. Man I sound old huh lol.
Love your memories. I think about you too girl! I love reading about you and your wonderful fam. Keep the blogs coming.--Brandi
Post a Comment