A year ago, our lives were basically in turmoil as we tried to figure out what was wrong with Brian's jaw. His pain was indescribable and his lower left jaw area was very swollen. No one could figure it out. In a week's time, he had four wisdom teeth pulled, exploratory surgery along his bottom jaw, a root canal and a drain put in. It took all of this until we found someone who could give us the right answer. For about two months, Brian was in excruciating pain. No pain killers, nothing helped. He basically kept an ice pack on his face and slept when he could. It was rough, especially having an 11 month old. Our families stepped up and helped us in so many ways. We found an amazing doctor, who knew Brian's brother John from dental school. I have just been so thankful that this July we are not dealing with the pain, surgeries, etc. God is so faithful!
Look in the upper left hand part...the giant cell granuloma (sp) had eaten away half of his jaw bone. I'm sure there are better medical terms, but I don't know them. And you can see his cute little chin! Ben has his chin.
P.S. Swimming lessons started...I'm exhausted!! Who thought it was a good idea to work all day then pack a two year-old around in 102 degree heat (really, 102 degrees) for 30 minutes in the water?????? Ben only cried a little, but he refused to do anything. It was worth it to see my friend Beth's daughter jump off the side of the pool, her face lit up with nothing but pure JOY! I'll post pictures soon.
1 comment:
Sister,
I am sure that everyone would love to hear about swimming lessons and see what is going on. Just thought I would share my two cents.
Em
Post a Comment