Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crass but insightful...

I am an adoptions worker for the state of Texas. I love it. I was wired for this job. Each time I tell a family that they have been selected for a specific child, I feel the exact same excitement as the other dozens of times. I had a thought on the way home yesterday...I'm like a pregnancy test without the pee. I get to provide the same feelings and excitement to a family, just like a those two little lines. I can't really put to words how it feels to have that sort of responsibility for another family. I'm just glad I get to do what I do.

2 comments:

misti said...

Haha! Love the analogy..Your job sounds so rewarding. Can I have it? :)

Amanda said...

I love how you used the word "crass." Brought me back to my junior year in Mrs. Roberts' class.