I have never been much of a "Susie home-maker." When we first got married, Brian could not believe what a slob I was. HA! I've come a long way in seven and a half years. Granted we have a cleaning lady, but with Brian in school, it sure makes our free time a lot more "free." Anywho...cooking falls into the "home-maker" skills that I lacked. I'm not a bad cook...pretty good, according to Brian. :) I just hated cooking. I work full time in a stressful job, as does Brian. It's hard to get off work at 5 p.m., go pick up Ben from daycare, and then come home and spend 45 minutes to an hour cooking. So I'd get take out...fast food, restaurant take out, Chinese delivery, pizza. We developed quite the bad habit of eating out way too much.
A couple of weeks ago, I looked through the check book register and counted up how much we spent eating out for May. I WAS SHOCKED! And very motivated. I've cooked every night for the last week and a half. I'm so proud of myself. I've tried new things and found a lot of fun recipes online. I've also stuck in some classics...spaghetti, enchiladas. What makes it all worth it? The money saved is nice...it's also healthier. But what makes me sooo happy?? When Ben tells me every night, this is the best dinner I ever had. HA! And Brian's been pretty happy as well.
Feeling more and more like an adult every year! :)
Dad.
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment