Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Whatev!

I made a comment on the Facebook status of a new bride. She said that she was cooking this elaborate dinner and just couldn't wait until her husband got home. My comment said to "keep standards low" so that his "expectations will be low." I had some fellow commenters that were right in tune with my viewpoint…one was in the drive thru and the other had just gotten a $5 pizza. The rest told me that I was stupid and pathetic and should be ashamed of my horrible wife skills. Not really, I'm paraphrasing. They encouraged her to "be proud of her skills" and that cooking was "more power to the woman." Another said to make sure she shared her recipes. My pithy sarcasm had offended once again and the "mama bears" came out to make sure I knew it.

But here's the thing…I don't care. I take the best care of my little family that I can. I have come a long, looooooong way from the 21 y/o newly wed, still in college, wife that I once was. I'll never be perfect, sorry Bryan ! But easy recipes, the occasional take-out, and a bi-monthly maid sure do push me closer to "great."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I with you! Stephen and I have been married 7 years and all the cooking I've done would probably add up to ONE year lol. I can't believe someone wrote "more power to the woman", what a goober! Give her another year and she'll be in line with us for chinese take-out:)

Brian with an i said...

Honey, we've been married almost 8 years and you can't spell my first name? Forget about take-out...WHAT IN THE WORLD? ;)

Brian with an i...