Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday Party!

So we survived the birthday party. I was thankful that it was low-key, although Brian doesn't think 20 people in our house was low-key. It was great to see family and friends. Ben was a little overwhelmed...didn't really share or say thank you. I think he enjoyed himself. He was sad when everyone left. He kept asking where mimi, grammy, and his papa's were. Last year, my grandparents got him a wooden train. To this day, it's his favorite. Well this year, they got him a "Handy Manny" tool set that basically SCREECHES the theme song. Ben LOVED it. We had to tape over the speaker to soften the blow of hearing "WE CAN FIX IT" 30 times, in rapid succession. :)

Thanks to everyone who came. We are so blessed to have friends and family who love us and our little family!
Opening presents with sweet Elisa.

Pre-party...in awe of the helium tank.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little boy! I can't believe he is almost 2!! One day he will get his birthday present, but ask Cliff how good I am about mailing. His house warming present is still in my apartment and he is moving home for three weeks! Oh well neither are perishable and it is cheaper for me to fly them home than mail them!