Ever since Ben was four months old, he has slept through the night. When we did the whole toddler bed thing, he'd go down without any problems. Now we've got problems. We've tried a queen sized bed, we've tried letting him sleep with us (I know, I know), and now we are trying a twin mattress in his room. Brian found the mattress on Craigslist (which kind of grossed me out at first) and it ended up being from a nice family in an even nicer neighborhood, so we went with it. The last three nights have been awful. It has taken us over an hour to get him to sleep and he still wakes up a couple times during the night. The absolute worst part is the crying, b/c he is almost always crying for me...I think he knows I'm a softy. I am so thankful that Brian and I are a team in this. We switch off nights so that we don't lose our minds. It will get better, right???
We don't even have a bed frame at this point. Hopefully we can take care of that this week. Brian is "waiting on a bargain." :) We're also hunting for headboard and bedding. I really like this one...what do you think?

5 comments:
Amy- mom said Courtney did the same thing until she was in high school- just kidding. She eventually had to put a sleeping bag at the foot of her bed and then eventually she went back to her bed after awhile. Good Luck!
Cute bedding! If you are crafty you can always do a headboard yourself cheaply with fabric, a sheet of plywood, foam, and a staple gun. Haha! Seriously. Saw it on hgtv and I've been thinking about giving it a try...
Well, dear....
That bed looks awfully high off the ground for a boy that twirls around in circles all night! haha
You and Brian will work it out. He is so stinking cute though.
And you can always do what Patti did for Courtney!
Grammy
I LOVE the bedding!! Good luck on the sleeping issue! I understand being spoiled...Wesleigh has slept through the night since about 4 months also and I am terrified that when Ethan arrives in about 4 weeks that he isn't going to be the champion sleeper that Wesleigh always has been!! Good luck!!!
It will get better. It has to, right?
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment