Saturday, February 21, 2009

Are we REALLY grown ups??

Today we did something very grown up, at least in my book. We joined the SAM's Club. Granted, some of you have been members for years, but I've never had my own card. I'd just go with my mom, which usually meant she'd buy me stuff. Thanks Mom! But today, our family of three ventured in alone. Let me just say, LOVED IT! It was early, so Ben could run ahead of us and be semi loud. He nearly lost his mind when we pulled him away from the 75" flat screen showing Kung Fu Panda. Anywho...I made some fun purchases and priced other stuff for another time. My favorite item of the trip was...

AN ENTIRE POUND OF GOLDFISH CRACKERS...apparently they're claiming to be "all natural." Not so sure about that.

In other news, we finally got a new dining table. Brian went while Ben and I were napping. SUPRISE! I love it! Now we have a leaf (again, grown ups??) and extra chairs...the whole deal. Not the best picture...I was a little excited.

6 comments:

misti said...

LOL you wrong fa that!

But Sams...impressed...very grown up. The goldfish, not grown up, but you're excused because of Ben. Haha

LOVE that table!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm a member of Costco now, but I used to belong to Sam's Club. Warehouse stores are the only ones that my kids go to willingly b/c of the samples while you shop.

I don't use my cybershot on all of my photos......just a few. I think the ones you referenced were with my Canon rebel. I've found that with my cybershot I have to be really still when I shot a photo, and that's hard! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

I almost forgot. LOVE your table!

Amanda said...

We are old. Period. We get excited about dining tables with leaves (I LOVE yours) and deals on Goldfish. Sigh...

I'm okay with it. I mean, who really wants to go back to DHS band and try to fit in?

JimKels said...

Love the table...very pretty!! SAMS is on of those places that you can spend 3 hours and a TON of money in!! I am a member, but it is under my parent's business...so that makes me a partial grown up...right??

Anonymous said...

congratulations, you won this week's giveaway! (and you said you never win anything!) The luck of random.org was on your side this weekend. please email me your contact info and i'll put you in contact with Cari so she can send you your gifts!