Babies are everywhere in my world right now. Most of my friends are either pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or still on maternity leave. Over the last few months, Brian and I have been fighting the urge to throw our five year plan out the window and try for baby numero dos. Who cares that Brian's about to start his master's program?? Who cares that our house would likely EXPLODE with another baby and all his/her gear?? I was even beginning to forget how horribly sick I was for months...craziness.
Then I offered to baby sit for my friend's two children. Don't get me wrong, these kids are adorable and sweet. Add Ben into the mix, and I had three cute little kiddos to watch for about five hours. No problem, right? I had been looking forward to playing with baby Erin. I was sure the boys could entertain themselves.
Then I offered to baby sit for my friend's two children. Don't get me wrong, these kids are adorable and sweet. Add Ben into the mix, and I had three cute little kiddos to watch for about five hours. No problem, right? I had been looking forward to playing with baby Erin. I was sure the boys could entertain themselves.


Yeah right! THANK GOODNESS that Brian stayed home from his softball game b/c he's still not 100% after the flu. Like I said, the kids are good kids, but there were THREE of them...at one time. I know some of you may have upwards of three, four, even five kiddos. You're calling me names like "wuss" and "light weight." I know, I know...but there were three of them. I don't know how my mom did it. I don't know how Ashley, or Carrie, or Angie do it.
So, Brian and I are back on track with the waiting. The next time I get bit by the baby bug, I need to borrow a couple kiddos to see if we're ready. :) Baby sitting is a very effective form of birth control.
2 comments:
yeah, and who was doing all the bottle feeding? Yours truly.
my two are a lot of work, but you are already doing better than me...b/c yours are guaranteed to be farther apart than 13 months!! you can do it!!
Post a Comment