Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Couch and a bit of Pettiness...


I realize that complaining about a couch is lame when, really, my life is running along pretty smoothly. Yeah, I'm going to anyway. We bought this couch less than a year ago.



I had seen the couch at the furniture store a couple years ago but we couldn't afford it. When we did buy a new couch, I only wanted that one. Was it practical? No. Was it under fabric warranty? Who needs one?!? Was it easy to clean? Of course not. To this day, I have not found the type of cleaner I am supposed to use on it. But man, was I happy when we walked out of the furniture store after paying cash for our impractical, hard to clean couch. Fast forward to now...I hate the thing. The fabric has a linen weave and collects everything!! Of course, I don't have the right cleaner for the darn thing. Dog hair sticks like glue. Brian bought a pair of sweat pants that left THOUSANDS of little pills on it. So after I attempted to clean it, with a very bad attitude I might add, I came up with new rules for the couch...

1. Do not eat anything on, over, around, or near the couch, at any time, no matter what.
2. Throw away Brian's sweat pants.
3. Banish the dogs from the couch or give them away.

Or.........I could just let it go, live life, and get a new couch in a year or two.
I think I'll just do that instead. :)

1 comment:

misti said...

Can you scotch guard it?? That's what I did to mine!