Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No night-night

Ben is going through a phase where he will only go to bed for Brian. Tonight, Brian was out running some errands and I was determined to take my time and get Ben to bed by myself. The kid was actually trying to stall, asking for a banana and ice cream. 45 minutes of stories, crying, reading, crying later Brian came home. Ben was in bed and quiet in less than 3 minutes. It's exhausting! I know friends whose children stay up until like 11 p.m. and fight them the entire way to not go to sleep. I honestly don't know what I'd do.

Work has been absolutely crazy. I drove 550 miles yesterday and worked late the last two nights. I have five court hearings in two different counties tomorrow. I'm quite the whiner, aren't I? :)

In other news, Mom bought Ben the cutest wooden nativity set. He loved it! Thanks, Grammy!

The kid refuses to cooperate when taking pictures. He looks kinda mad in this one.

1 comment:

misti said...

550 miles...you are supermommy!!! Oh my gosh, that is insane.

Ben sounds like the funniest kid...I always thought your whole family was funny, so I guess he fits right in!