Brian, Ben, and I spent the weekend in San Antonio with some friends. I was a bad picture taker and don't have any good ones of Ben and their little girl Abby, but they had a good time. Brian calls Matt, Mateo. Ben couldn't say it so he just called him potato the entire time. They took us to a great, you guessed it, Mexican restaurant on Saturday night. Naomi was just raving about the bean soup. I was very skeptical but kept it to myself. Let me tell you, the most INCREDIBLE soup ever! During the weekend, I was determined to have my friend, who bakes a lot more than me, help me make some fudge. I had previously used an easy, microwave recipe that did not work. Granted I didn't put butter on the foil so if you wanted to eat any, you'd have to be ok with eating a tad of metal. Anywho...so we found a recipe and made some fudge. And I must say, it was delicious. I still don't think I got the texture right, but at least I have more of an idea. Did you know you use marshmallows in fudge?? I sure didn't.
We also made Oreo Balls. Basically you put an entire bag of Oreos in a blender and mix to a fine powder (not as easy as it looks!). We had some issues with it all getting stuck around the sides so there ended up being small pieces of a wooden spoon in the mixture. :) After you blend the Oreos, you add a package of cream cheese and blend it. You make the mixture into balls and dip them in melted almond bark. Almond bark was also a fun discovery this weekend...I have never had the stuff. Well, I probably have but I just didn't realize it. Put the Oreo Balls in the freezer to store. I swear to you, those are the best desserts you will ever have. Seriously, an easy recipe to try. Below are pictures of our sugar adventures. Presentation wasn't a priority.
I just re-read the blog and realized that it's all about food. :)
5 comments:
the oreo balls sound yummy!! Almond bark is great...chocolate covered pretzels are yummy, and so are ritz crackers with peanut butter between them, dipped in almond bark...yummy!!!!
What mexican food resturant did y'all go to????
By the way...with our families so spread out, it is next to impossible to get everyone at the same party...so multiple parties are necessary!!
I have been getting the Christmas candy itch! I'm going to have to try these for sure. Ooh and peanute butter fudge. I'm going to OD on sugar this Christmas...
cute background, and LOVE Oreo balls! Tara made them last year, and YUMMY!!! :D
We had so much fun with you all! I took two pics of the kids all weekend and of course they didn't turn out...bummer. Thankfully the food pics did turn out:) Matthew and I even made more fudge last night! We hope you all can make it again soon for Abby's birthday bash. We love you!
Bits of a wooden spoon in the oreo mixture? What a strange ingredient.
Post a Comment