December is one of the busiest times for case workers at CPS. We send out our kids' wish lists in November and around the middle of December, the gifts start rolling in. Delivering these gifts takes a small army. Our tiny 10x10 offices are PACKED. I will admit...I want to open them all just to see what my kids received, but so far I've been able to restrain myself. :) People's generosity truly stuns me. These are kids that aren't used to extravagant gifts. Their histories cause them not to have very high expectations. Offices, churches, and individuals "adopt" our kiddos and purchase the gifts on the wish lists. I've had sponsors call me so excited to be "Santa." I really encourage you guys to do the same for a child this year and every year. I have seen the difference it can make in a child's Christmas.
5 comments:
Awww...this is one of those times that you just love your job!!!
Love the snowman creativity!!!
almost as bad as my place....almost
wow. that is awesome. thanks so much for sharing!
Haha - I shamelessly have that song (All I Want for Christmas) as a ringtone right now. I love it too...takes me back to junior high days!!
What a fun job! I've always enjoyed doing Secrety Santa stuff, and I really do love Christmas :)
Post a Comment