Saturday, September 13, 2008

Windy!

It's 6:30...Sweet Ben knocked on our door at about 5:00 a.m. After getting his "blankies" and him situated in the bed, there was no longer room for me. So I'm left in the dark living room listening to the wind...and it's VERY WINDY. I woke Brian up and he said that everything was fine. He is happily snoring again. I must've been clueless as to what was going on around me during hurricane season as I grew up. I remember one storm in particular. I think Dad was prepping the house and so I decided to pack up my "valuables" just in case we needed to make a quick exit. I grabbed my favorite pillow and all the knick knacks from my shelf...the birthday figurines and the Precious Moments. You know those little angels with the year on them? I think that only one of those made it back on the shelf with both wings. I was not the most graceful child. :) And that is the only thing I remember about hurricanes growing up...in Southwest Louisiana. I wonder what my sister remembers...Emily?? And here is some fun news about Emily...they just closed on their BEAUTIFUL new home in Las Vegas. And they celebrated as only Emily and Eric can...with a $5.99 Hot-n-Ready from Little Caesar's. :) Love you sister!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pizza is only $5 in Vegas. It was fresh! (Don't worry I was demanding just like you told me!)
We got all moved in! Well a little piddly stuff is not there.
My hurricane memories are one time walking outside during the eye of a hurricane with Dad. It was crazy calm.