Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Big 2-7

******Update...the roses my mom and sister sent were half dead the day after I got them, so they called and complained. On Friday, I got a new bouquet, and I must say they are gorgeous! Still alive!

So, I'm 27. My birthday is not that big of a deal for me. In fact, when I was little, I'd sob uncontrollably when the song "Happy Birthday To You" was directed at me. We went out to eat tonight, just Brian, Ben, and I. I had the BEST peach tea ever. Ben was a little angel all night!!! Now, I'm off kid duty all evening...THANKS BRIAN! The only thing I asked for was a cake...I love birthday cake. Pretty easy, right?

My wonderful family sent me flowers at work. They are from Pro-Flowers, so they arrived via UPS in a box. I thought it was funny...a box of flowers. They are beautiful and smell great. Thanks family!!

My office....pretty bad, right?

Pretty roses...

And just for fun...these are about half of my closed cases that are waiting to be closed out...those binders symbolize kiddos in their forever families! So, it's not just clutter. :)

On another note, I found out today that a friend from high school was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma (sp). She has a mass in her chest the size of a large hand. Even more devastating, she's 17 weeks pregnant. Pray for Ashley and her family right now. Even though my heart breaks for them, I know that God is a powerful and loving God capable of amazing comfort and miracles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you! your flowers are beautiful. and thanks for sharing about your friend ashley. we will be praying for her! keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Flowers in a box. How fun. I love getting things at work. I am glad you had a nice birthday!

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

The new flowers are much better! Proflowers too my money for dead flowers!! Sorry suckers!!!