****Update - 9/12/2008 - Everyone is still freaking out. You couldn't even find BREAD at the grocery stores last night. That is nuts! That said, I'm getting a little nervous. I've already called Brian once to calm me down. :) I don't do well without electricty...or A/C...or cable...or internet. I think the local news people are beyond excited that something newsworthy might be happening here in B/CS. They have even started using the phrase "hunker down." I guess it beats headlines like these:
Bicyclist chased; 2 CS men arrested
Jury indicts on pot charge
Don't Over Look Johnsongrass in Your Pasture
I'm not even kidding about those. :)
People here at the office are talking about 80 mph winds and flooding. I had to pick up everything off the floor of my office (quite the undertaking if you remember the pic of my office) and put a garbage bag over my computer. CRAZY! Ok, I'm getting myself all worked up again. I'd better stop!****
I think everyone is over-reacting here in Bryan/College Station about the storm. We are about three hours inland. School has been cancelled, businesses are closing. I can understand the Houston/Galveston people leaving, but why are we freaking out? I've gotten three emails so far today saying how we need to prepare for electricity and water being out, etc. CRAZY. So I have chosen not to buy into the hype. We'll see if I was completely off base in about 24 hours. :) I am going to make sure that our cars our full of gas, but that's really it. Am I crazy?
3 comments:
Yes sister! You are crazy! Just kidding! Good luck!
I am sorry sister! That sounds crazy!! We are actually having beautiful weather! You should come to Vegas!!
I am 457.59 miles from the ocean. They are calling for rain all weekend. Gas has went up 20 cents and they are saying tomorrow to expect wind gust up to 68 mph. Crazy that the effects of a storm come this far inland..
Be Safe.
Post a Comment