Friday, November 21, 2008

No more pity parties!

As I posted previously, the vacation to Vegas began with Ben getting sick and ended with me getting sick. But instead of focusing on the negatives of my quasi-vacation, I'm going to give you the high-lights. It was absolutely wonderful to see my sister and brother-in-law. They took wonderful care of us, even when Ben was being not so nice. Their new house is amazing! We ate at this yummy wood-oven (why is everyone making a big deal about wood ovens all of a sudden) pizza place. Ben and I shared the Hawaiian. It was so good! We got to go shopping at the outlets...my wonderful sister took care of Ben while we shopped so I could have a break. I bought the cutest green jacket...and I bought Ben some winter clothes. I found a really cute train/penguin sweater for him to wear for Christmas. On the way home, Ben slept the entire flight. I'm so thankful he doesn't mind planes. Every flight we had our own row, which is perfect when traveling with a toddler. And he slept the entire drive on the way home. But the thing that got me most excited about our traveling day...I got to take the HOV lane from downtown Houston all the way to Cypress. I'm now in love with the HOV lane. Anywho...Once we got home, I was pretty worthless. Yesterday, I slept from 9:30 a.m. to about 4:30 p.m. and went to bed for the night at 11 p.m. I feel much more rested today, ready to get stuff done. I've already been to Wal-mart and started a soup in the crock-pot. Now I'm headed to unpack...oh, who am I kidding, I'm going to get one more nap in. :) Below is the ONLY picture I took the entire trip. Actually, I think my sister took it! Love you, Em!

Ben's reaction to too much Benadryl.

5 comments:

misti said...

AAHAHAHA! i just got coffee in my nose when i read the "furry sausage" comment.

We don't leave food out all day because we aren't home, and mine will graze and then have accidents! LOL - I put food out around 5, only 1/4 cup for each dog (that's what the bag says)...they eat it right up!

They do get treats in the morning and night so they don't starve. haha don't report me to dog protective services.

I love chihuahuas!! Are they sweet to Ben?

misti said...

Oh - and I use Science Diet, but they just jacked up the price like some losers so I may switch!!

JimKels said...

Poor little fella looks so miserable!!! It is no fun for anyone with they are sick...then add you being sick on top of it, and that is just miserable all the way around!! I'm glad y'all are feeling better and resting up!! You are lucky your little fella sleeps so much when traveling! Does having a solid week off make you wish you stayed home with him or does it make you thankful for a job???

JimKels said...

I know I am so blessed, and grateful for it everyday!! I was just curious, b/c I have some friends that would love to stay home, but can't financially, but then I have some friends who could stay home but love to work!! Everyone's different!! I personally couldn't imagine leaving him everyday...and the child care costs!!

Claremont First Ward said...

What's an HOV lane? My kids reaction to Benedryl is the same. IT has the opposite reaction.....at least that's what it looks like with his wide open eyes.

Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed some sunshine!