Today I had to travel to San Antonio to see a child on my caseload. She asked if we could go to the "Tower of America's" in downtown.

I'm a sucker sometimes with my kids and if I have the extra time, I'll usually let them talk me into a little something extra. Spontaneous is not really my style...I like having a schedule. Anywho...the park around the tower was absolutely gorgeous...waterfalls everywhere. The little girl, about 10 y/o, loved every bit. She asked if we could eat at the top and I reluctantly agreed, knowing that I was going to have to drop some moo-lah if we went there. Thankfully they had a kids' menu. She was as impressed as a 10 year old could be...even though they didn't serve cream gravy with her chicken strips. The real reason she wanted to eat up there was b/c the tower rotates as you eat. It was so much fun and really beautiful. The best part was knowing that this was special for her as well. So, after I finished my $16 salad, we rode the elevator back down. The kid had the nerve to ask for ice cream...which sounded kind of good. So of course we had some. :) After all of that, I asked her what her favorite part was...she said the ice cream. :)

I'm a sucker sometimes with my kids and if I have the extra time, I'll usually let them talk me into a little something extra. Spontaneous is not really my style...I like having a schedule. Anywho...the park around the tower was absolutely gorgeous...waterfalls everywhere. The little girl, about 10 y/o, loved every bit. She asked if we could eat at the top and I reluctantly agreed, knowing that I was going to have to drop some moo-lah if we went there. Thankfully they had a kids' menu. She was as impressed as a 10 year old could be...even though they didn't serve cream gravy with her chicken strips. The real reason she wanted to eat up there was b/c the tower rotates as you eat. It was so much fun and really beautiful. The best part was knowing that this was special for her as well. So, after I finished my $16 salad, we rode the elevator back down. The kid had the nerve to ask for ice cream...which sounded kind of good. So of course we had some. :) After all of that, I asked her what her favorite part was...she said the ice cream. :)
6 comments:
There is a tower like that in Dallas.. I love the atmosphere but the food is way over priced and the elevator ride is freaking scary..lol.
That is so sweet...she'll never forget that!
Are you a social worker?
WAY TO GO SOCIAL WORKER OF THE YEAR RIGHT THERE!!!!
You are so wonderful!!! Such a sucker (I mean social worker)!! You know you totally made that kid's year!! That was very selfless and wonderful of you!! After working with kids like her, I totally understand why you couldn't say no!! Hats off to you!!
So funny that her favorite part was the ice cream! Typical kid, I guess! :)
I'm a nutritionist/dietitian at the (only) hospital in Ruston. The social worker there is awesome. In fact...all the social workers I meet are awesome. Is that in y'alls job description? :)
Post a Comment